There's nothing like a really great party dress to make you feel excited, attractive, and sexy. Finding the right dress is one of the things many women find extra challenging, so let's take a look at the top ten party dress styles you're going to see this season.
1. Mini dress - This is a perennial favourite because it's such a great style for those who want to show off their legs to the best effect. Mini dress lengths range from the ultra short (barely covering your bum) to the mid-thigh length, giving you plenty of choices to find the one that works best on your body.
2. Strapless - A classic party look, finding a great looking strapless dress is something you can always count on. Bustline cuts vary from deep plunges, gathers, straight cut to the keyhole bodice.
3. Thin straps - For many women, a dress with barely-there thin straps is an excellent way to show a bit of sexy shoulder without worrying about how the dress sits on their bustline. The nice things about this style is you can find straps that go over the shoulder, around the neck in a halter shape, criss cross in the back, and much more.
4. Asymmetrical - This dress is great and you can vary the look from thin shoulder straps, one shoulder strap, to a strapless bodice. The asymmetrical shape is great as it draws attention away from problem areas.
5. Tunic - This is a versatile party dress style because you can wear it as a stand alone dress or as a long tunic over a pair of sexy, leggings. Look for a tunic made from a fabric that really shines and that moves nicely with a comfortable drape across your body.
6. Sheath - If you've got curves to show off then this is the style for you. A form-fitting sheath is a perfect way to let your body shine, plus you can find them in a whole host of fabrics and lengths to suit your preferences.
7. Big shoulders - This season you're finding many wonderful party dress choices with big, wide shoulders. It's a great style as you can have plenty of fun with it.
8. Sequins - The sequined dress is a must-have for every party wardrobe because there's nothing like it when it comes to catching his eye. Look for classic sequins covering the whole dress, or just some perfectly placed sequined accents; either way, you'll be the centre of attention on the dance floor!
9. Cutouts - Many different dresses are showing cutouts this season, ranging from deep plunging necklines to shaped cutouts along the waist, hips, or belly. A terrific cutout adds interest and sex appeal without going too far and showing too much skin so that nothing is left to the imagination.
10. Swing - This style of dress is typically made with a flowing, draping fabric that literally moves and swings with your every body movement. From longer lengths (mid-calf) to extra mini lengths (just below your bum) an attractive swing style dress not only makes your body look terrific, but also catches his attention with your every move. Suzie Sweet